Thursday, December 6, 2012

nancie

Let me tell you a story about my first roommate, Ashlee.
We were roomies for about a month and she decided that she wanted me to dye her hair brown.  She was naturally blonde and had never colored her hair.

After quite some persuasion I decided to do it.  It looked great on her... but she looked like a totally different person.  We promptly decided that she needed a new name to go along with her new brunette look.

We thought for a while and suddenly it came to us.

A few weeks back we had been looking through another roommate's high school yearbook.  The seniors were all suppose to write their fondest memory of high school.  Everyone wrote a few sentences about their favorite memory.  This one particular fellow, who was wearing a cowboy hat in his senior picture, simple stated "Nancy."
Nancy was his favorite memory from high school. Wow.

So Ashlee and I both looked at each other and said, "Nancy."

From then on, she has been Nancie (I changed the spelling to make it more hip).

Everywhere we went, we introduced her as Nancie, and she would just smile until she would only answer to Nancie.  Everyone at Utah State got to know her as Nancie.

We lived next door to each other for the next two years and even when she returned to her natural blonde... we still all called her Nancie.

November 17, Nancie got married :)




It was fabulous to see some of my old roommates from Utah State.
Oh how I love these girls!


Here is Nancie, the beautiful bride!

me and my man

I met her husband, Jamie, for the first time at their wedding.  The funny thing is... he thought her name was Nancie for the first few months that they knew each other at Utah State...
and it was all my fault :)

I told him that I was to blame for all of this nonsense and confusion...

But anyways...
Congrats Jamie and Nancie... errr Ashlee!

1 comment:

Rachel and Jason said...

Great post! Awe. Those were the days--but I feel a little bad that I've been spelling her name wrong all these years. Ha ha. Oh, Nance. So fun seeing you all! Merry Christmas!