
I LOVE the Preston Rodeo. My dad is from Preston, so as long as I can remember we have always gone to the parade, carnival, and RODEO!!! I have so many memories of Rodeo weekend. To start it all off, there is an amazing parade that goes right by my uncles house. This parade is the best because they actually throw candy... tons of it. When I was little we used to fill bags and bags, save it and eat it for months (kind of like halloween candy).
Now-a-days we just sit back and enjoy the parade... NOT, we are still up there in all the action, and we might get a couple pieces of candy if it makes it past all the little kiddos. Amanda and I are pretty serious about getting us some chocolate milk.... yeah, they hand out chocolate milk chugs at the parade! No kidding!
This is year number two for Jake and the Rodeo, he probably enjoyed this one a little more because he knows my family really well, last year we had just gotten engaged.... He was probably still trying to be on his best behavior :)
Next is the Rodeo, we had the best seats in the house, thanks to my amazing uncle Doug, who is a member of the Rodeo Committee. He got us seats above the shoots!! That means we were sitting right about the bucking broncos and bulls when the cowboys were getting all situated before they would come out. It is so intense!!! I think those guys must be insane to sit on a bull while they smack it around to make sure it's really mad. CRAZY!
Amanda and I were trying to figure out who invented all of these strange rodeo events... seriously, bull doggin?... mutton bustin?... Oh well, its very entertaining to alot of people! And we always have a blast at the Famous Preston Night Rodeo!


1 comment:
I heart the Rodeo!! I am so glad you guys came with us this year, it made it even better, and I didn't know that was possible!! :]
Post a Comment