Monday, July 27, 2009

Good ol' Family Reunion

When I think of a family reunion, I usually thing.... ugh. Jake told me that we were going to stay in a hunting lodge somewhere by Firth, ID. Hmmm.... ugh. Firth is a little town between Blackfoot and Idaho Falls, not the most thrilling place :). I didn't really know what to expect.

I had no that the lodge would look like this,



And the view like this,



It was such a blast! I had no idea that it was so beautiful and green back in those hills. There were so many things to do and tons of fun people to get to know. I get pretty nervous when I'm around people I don't know very well but Jake's family is SOOO nice! It was so fun to be around them.




His cousin Chase took us on a horseback ride. It was so gorgeous, I had a nice horse named Snickers :) Jake's was Flint. We even got to watch the sunset, a perfect evening.



The next day, the boys had a paintball war! The girls stayed around and we made adorable watch bracelets, and hung out with all the cute little ones. All of his aunts are the sweetest ladies!



Thanks for the FUN family reunion! I will always be excited for family reunions from now on!!! I can't wait til next year!!

5 comments:

Lauren Tatton said...

Yeah! Im glad you posted picture's Im so sad I missed it! It looks like a lot of fun! It is such a wonderful place! My family loved you!

ashley and mike said...

I'm so glad you had a good time! your mom was telling us all about it! :) i'm jealous though, i've been wanting to go horseback riding all summer, but being preggo and all......and now i have a baby.....life will never be the same! hope to see you again soon! (and for longer this time)

meag said...

how fun. i'm so glad that you came. It was fun to spend the weekend with you.

Amanda said...

I get so jealous looking at all of your fun photos, it looks like you have had such a good summer! Can't wait to see you at the rodeo tomorrow!

Kellie Henry said...

how fun! that looks like it was a blast!