Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Caution: Complaints Ahead

What are blogs for if I can't complain a little bit... right? So last week was a pretty bad week. First of all, Jake was going to be gone ALL week on a backpacking trip. This was the longest we would have been apart since we've been married. I was pretty sad about it but I figured I could survive....

On Tuesday night, after I dropped him off with his dad to leave on his trip, I was on my way to the gym and I GOT IN A WRECK. Just a little fender bender, not too bad, it just mushed my car a little bit because of the trailer hitch on the other car. But I was pretty much hysterical because it was the first wreck I've ever been in and my husband was gone. He didn't answer his phone so I decided to drive up and see if he was still there. Thank goodness, he was and he made me feel all better. He stayed with me until I calmed down and decided it wasn't the end of the world. I love him.

So he left, and I started feeling sick on Wednesday, but toughed it out and felt a little better on Thursday. I just needed to get through work on Friday and I was headed down to SLC for a fun night. Dinner with the girls, and a fun girls night with my cousin Amanda :)

I got down to SLC a little early for dinner and decided to wander around Gateway. I started feeling really crappy, (my stomach and all my insides hurt BAD) and ended up just sitting on a couch in a store. That must mean I was pretty bad if I couldn't even WALK AROUND THE MALL!! Dinner went fine, I couldn't really eat and was hurting pretty bad. I decided to drive home to Logan instead of the rest of the fun night. I was talking to my mom almost the whole way and she was REALLY worried about me driving.

Well, to make a long story short, I didn't make it home and had to stop in Ogden and check myself into the ER. WITHOUT JAKE. I was so scared and just bawling. I have never been in that much pain. I got there about 9:30. I called my dear friend Karley, who lives in Odgen, and she came to my rescue to sit in the waiting room with me for 2 HOURS. What a great friend. :) My brother-in-law Mike was also in Ogden and came up to the hospital to drive me home. I finally saw the doctor and after checking me out, he listed off a few possibilities; appendicitis, kidney stones, ovarian cysts, kidney infection. I was SO SCARED and just wanted Jake to be with me. I was glad to have Mike though.



After quite a few tests, and a long LONG wait. They decided it was a serious kidney infection. They gave me some pain and nausea meds and some serious antibiotics. We left about 4:30 the next morning. I got home and slept that whole day. Jake got home about 9:30 that night. I WAS SO GLAD TO SEE HIM. It made me feel better just to be with him.

So, I've been sleeping most of the last 3 or 4 days. Still feeling crappy, drinking tons of fluids, waiting for my body to heal. Crappy week. This isn't a sympathy post, It just feels good to complain a little. I'm going to try to go to work tomorrow, wish me luck and thanks for listening to me complain.

7 comments:

Shanna said...

Oh that's not fun at all! I'm sorry and i hope you get feeling better! I had kidney stones once, it was horrible! Drink lots of cranberry juice! :) It's supposed to be good for the kidneys! Get feeling better!

Unknown said...

that's so sad! I too would have been bawling!
I hope you get better soon! Let me know if you need anything!

We'll miss you tonight!

Mer said...

wow - nice initiation to being on your own! glad you survived. when you are up to it, will you e-mail me your address? merideewebb@hotmail.com thanks.

Kelsey said...

What a horrible week! We love you and hope you are feeling better soon!!

ashley and mike said...

i HATE it when mike leaves! and i had a kidney infection last year....i feel your pain, i thought i was going to die! not really, but it was bad. i love you, feel better soon!

Amanda said...

oh court! I am glad you decided to blog your misery :] I also am glad that you made it home okay that night, I was sad we couldn't play, but in the end understand why. It was so good to see you and hope you get feeling better. Love you tons!! Come and let's play someother time...

Dave and Alisha said...

Wow what a week Im so sorry.. maybe thats why you werent at church?? Well I hope you get feeling better its so not fun being sick! Good Luck.