Here is another project that I accomplished this fall. It took way longer than expected but I love how it turned out. I looked at tons of pictures of gallery walls to get ideas. I liked a lot of different styles but I decided to go with a more traditional black frame. It was so hard to decide how to go about this whole project, since the space was kind of unique... I finally had a picture in mind and decided to just start and see what happened.
I bought a bunch of frames from DI and spray painted them black.
Next step was to cut out paper the size of each frame.
I did this so that I could figure out where I wanted each frame on the wall.
I taped them on the wall (remembering to label the paper!)
I decided to have the pictures go down the wall like the stairs did.
Then I had to get all the pictures printed in the correct sizes... and figure out how to hang them on a solid concrete wall....
I found some command strips that are velcro... genius.
Finally we got all the pictures hung!
We also got a bigger clock to go above the pictures to take up the extra space!
It was a time consuming project but it makes me smile every time I walk by.












No comments:
Post a Comment