Monday, June 25, 2012

parks (island &yellowstone)

Last weekend we set out for an adventure up north.  

Along with out good friends Brad and Michelle, we headed for Island Park friday evening.  We got a little lost in the dark, but finally found the cabin with a little luck :)


We headed out to Yellowstone Park saturday morning on the lookout for some animals...


 We saw a moose... he was just cooling off in the river.




We saw a buffalo... (I mean American Bison ;) ...) he was just walking down the road.


We saw an elk... he was just munching on some grass.


We also saw a BEAR! and two cute little cubs, but it was through a telescope... so no pics were taken. But I was still so so so excited. I love bears and am terrified of them at the same time.

We saw a few of the beautiful sites along the way...

 Cascade falls


Geyser Basin

Kepler Cascades



And the spectacular Yellowstone Falls


We stopped for some delicious ice cream saturday night in West Yellowstone.


I decided on coconut cookie dough... it was the BEST decision of my life.


We hung out at the cabin sunday morning, went on a nice walk and relaxed. It was perfect.








We had a great weekend!

We stopped in Idaho Falls on the way home to BBQ with my parents for Fathers day.
I love my dad, he is simply the best.

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

Awesome Yellowstone pics! Looks like you guys had a great time! Can't wait to see you in about a month!