Sunday, May 15, 2011

two down

Two semesters down, four or five or six to go... wow.

I made it through another grueling semester of OT school.  This one was a killer.  I am so glad it is over.  I have learned to much... thank you nuero-anatomy.

I learned about every nook and cranny of the brain, and what it does, and what happens if it doesn't work and how it develops, and how a brain feels to hold in your hands, and a whole lot of other things.

I learned how to run a group for the mentally ill to teach them all sorts of life skills.  how to run a group for pretty much any group of people... elderly, eating disorders, depressed, borderline personality disorder.

I learned how to write a literature review on a topic that has had no research done on the topic.  The difference between qualitative and quantitative research.

I learned how to teach a kindergartener how to tie their shoes, do up buttons on a shirt, buckle and unbuckle a belt, hold their pencil correctly and form each letter perfectly.

I learned about all of the disorders a mentally ill person could experience and how I could help them.  I experienced hearing the voices the people with schizophrenia hear. Why people with borderline personality disorder act the way they do.  What depression can really do to a person.

I have learned so much and got to know all of my classmates so well.
To celebrate... we had a end of the semester bash!

Here are a few pics from the party

 Shalee, Kevin and his wife

 Mandy and I

 The whole gang at the party

Singing a little karaoke!

Here's to four or six more semesters! 
(depends on how you count internships or not)

No comments: