Sunday, May 1, 2011

Sunday Salmon

So remember how I said I had the best Salmon ever last weekend....
Well, I tried to recreate it.

Here is our Sunday Salmon Dinner...

 Swiss Spinach Salad

Baked Seasoned Fries
click HERE for recipe

Mango Cilantro Salmon

It was pretty darn delicious.

Ingredients:
8 oz pineapple (tidbits in juice)
1 mango (peeled ripe, cut into 1/2-inch cubes)
1/2 cup red bell pepper (chopped)
1/4 cup red onion (finely chopped)
2 tbsp fresh cilantro (chopped)
2 tbsp fresh lime juice
1 tbsp honey
1 pepper (finely chopped seeded jalapeño)

2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp soy sauce
cooking spray
24 oz salmon fillets (skinned)
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper (cracked)

Preparation Steps:

1. Drain pineapple, reserving 3 tablespoons juice.
2. Combine pineapple, mango, and next 6 ingredients in a small bowl; chill.
3. Combine reserved 3 tablespoons pineapple juice with brown sugar and soy sauce. Set aside.
4. Preheat broiler.
5. Place salmon on broiler rack coated with cooking spray; brush with half of glaze. Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper. Broil 5 minutes; turn and brush with remaining glaze. Broil 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Serve fish with salsa.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Yum, I love me some salmon. I will for sure try out this recipe!