Monday, September 6, 2010

lets not talk about {ugh...school)

There are other things going on in our lives besides school....

My brother Chris, his wife Kelsey and their cute little guy Logan came to Park City this last week.  They were so nice to come and visit me and take me to dinner in between my studies.  A girl's gotta eat :)  It was so good to see them!  Logan is the funniest little boy.  I wish we lived closer so we could play... I know I'd be his favorite!

I think he is warming up to his aunt Courtney :)

This weekend it was so good to be back in Logan.  I had a hard week at school.  But this post has nothing to do with school... so...

On saturday morning we went on a hike on the Crimson Trail up Logan Canyon.



The hike winds around the canyon wall on top of that rocky ridge.

A view of the teeny tiny road!

My legs are pretty sore from this adventure!

That afternoon we went to the Logan pool to catch a few of summers last rays.  It was a perfect way to spend the day.  I love laying in the sun reading a good book, forgetting about all of life's stresses.  We had a picnic that night to end the perfect day.  I love being with Jake.  He's the best.

We had a fabulous relaxing Sunday, afternoon naps, evening bike rides... what could be better than spending the day with my man :)

Speaking of the man, he is now working at Cafe Sabor.  I went in to lunch today to visit, he's so cute, I'd request him as a server.  If you are in Logan, go in on Monday, Wednesday or Friday and he can be your server!  Remember to leave a big tip :)

Other big new for the week, my cousin Landon and Amanda welcomed
OLIVER CHAMP WEBB
into the world last Wednesday, September 1st about 11:30 am

What a cutie!  Seriously... I went over and saw him when he was about 3 hours old!  He is the newest baby I've ever seen.  I stopped tonight and saw him at home.  Everyone is doing well, tired but happy :)

Just 5 days old!



Adorable little guy!  Congrats Landon and Amanda!  I'll be over to visit A LOT :)

If you are really interested in how our school lives are going, I'll update that soon, I just don't want to think about it or talk about it until I have to.

2 comments:

The Tolmans said...

I love Cafe Sabor! Next time I am in Logan I will request him. I eat there every time I am in town. Which really isn't that often. Glad you had a fun weekend! School can get pretty crazy so take advantage of time off!

Amanda said...

I am so glad you have all sorts of good distractions to keep your mind off of the "s" word. You do have a fab hubby- I love that you guys do all the fun things you do. And as for that baby, my word, I don't think I have seen a more perfect little guy! Okay, so maybe I'm a little bias. He loves when you visit, so you better come over lots! Thanks for posting the pics and good luck with, well, you know... :)