Monday, September 20, 2010

Grad School

Graduate school is hard.  I expected it to be hard but it is seriously tough.  It consumes my life.  Everything I do, I think about my anatomy class.  When I walk, pick something up, sneeze, wear my backpack, type on my computer, look at someone riding their bike, talk on the phone, eat a meal, get dressed.... the list goes on and on.  I also think about it in my sleep.... yeah, I dream about the stuff.  I fall asleep thinking about muscle attachments, nerve innervations and routes of blood flow.  I have nightmares about my cadaver, I won't elaborate.  

Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy it and I am SO glad that I am doing it.  but, sometimes I just want to sit and read a good book, not about the history of occupational therapy.  I want to go golfing and not be worried that I'm not studying anatomy.  I want to go to the gym and just work out, not think about what muscles I'm using and the length of my moment arm and how its affecting torque.

Its been a couple years since I graduated from Utah State so I have had time to delve into good books, golf my little heart out, and exercise as long as I wanted without worrying about having enough time to study.  I am slowly getting back into the groove of studying for hours on end.  Hopefully I'll be able to read a good book over Christmas break!

Speaking of Utah State, I got together with some of my old roommates last week.  I love them!  We had so much fun together at Utah State!  

Loryn and I

Jessica and Cassie

We were all roommates for either 3 or 4 of the four years that I was at Utah State.  We talked about some of the funny things, crazy nights, and good times we had.  It is so fun to be around these girls because they really know me... good and bad! 

I love these girls!

I am sure that I'm going to make some good friends at the U, they will have a hard time competing with these girls though!

This week I have my first HUGE test in Anatomy/Kinesiology/Dissection lab.  We have a 100 point test in each section of the class.  A 300 point test.  If thats not intimidating.... whew!  I have been studying more in the past two weeks than i have probably ever done.  Five or six hours of straight studying at a time, I don't think I've ever done that before now.

Also, my dissection class is the grossest (is that even a word?) thing I have ever done.  Yeah, its interesting, and yeah, I'm learning a lot, but YUCK!  First of all the smell is horrid.  Second, fat is gross, everyone should exercise and not eat crappy food. I know I will now because i don't want that gross stuff all over my body.  Third, I just don't like gooey slimey things... and thats what is in our bodies.  I probably won't be able to eat a lot of things after this.  Other than that
I LOVE GRAD SCHOOL!

Wish me luck!  

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

You're amazing Court! Hang in there and good luck on your huge test this week!