Wednesday, May 20, 2009

MAE

Mae as in the band, not the month.......


Jake's favorite band is called Mae, and here's a little story about Mae...... the first time that we went snowboarding together, a couple days after we met, he had just bought the new Mae CD. Little did he know that I'm obsessed with music as well and a pretty big fan of Mae. And... I wanted a copy of the new CD. After talking about music the whole way down from Beaver, we decided that we needed to get together and share some music. A perfect solution to my problem of not having the CD, I could get a free copy from my new cute snowboarding buddy. We got together a few days later and traded some tunes and he was pleasantly surprised by all the good music I had to offer. Well, that night he asked me on our first official date. I was nervous and excited and very surprised because I had no idea that he was even interested at all in anything but my music and sweet snowboarding skills :) Maybe I impressed him with my music selection or maybe he thought I was cute when I wasn't all bundled up in my boarding gear or sweating at the gym (the only other time I'd seen him before this was at the gym). Anyway, to make a long story short........ we fell in love and were married 10 months later.

Back to the present, we went to a Mae concert on saturday night! It was an awesome concert. One of the opening bands was WAY good.


They are called Barcelona. Look them up if you like new music. They are kinda a mix between The Fray and Coldplay, pretty chill.


Mae was amazing. They played almost all of our favorite songs. They had a screen behind them and for the last two or three songs it was in 3-D so we all had 3-D glasses to watch the show. It was way cool!


My new favorite Mae song is called "A Melody, The Memory." BUY IT!!! You have to go to the Mae website to get it. The lead singer Dave played a couple songs acoustic for the encore, here is a little taste.... this one is called "The Everglow"

1 comment:

Amanda said...

That sounds SO fun!! I hope you had fun camping with the fam damily! I wish we could have made it, but we went to our church- for the first time- instead. I think that was a good choice, the ward is great!! Let us know when you guys wanna try to get together, and text jordan about that girl, it would be great to all go out. Love ya and Miss ya!