My parents came down on Saturday and took us to lunch and then golfing to celebrate Jake's birthday. It was such a beautiful day. I love playing golf with my dad because he can always help me when my swing is a little off. Jake also loves it because my dad gives him plenty of pointers! I'm so glad that Jake likes to golf. I don't know what I would do if I would have married someone who didn't like it! He says that I better watch out because someday he's gonna beat me! We'll see, I'm pretty competitive :) We finished golfing and my parents said they had to get back to IF because they had to wake up early for church the next day.
I told Jake that we had a dinner reservation at 6:30, so we went home to get ready. The whole week before, Jake had been kinda sad because he wanted to do something a little cooler than just dinner with me for his birthday. Everyone just kept telling him that they were busy, or weren't going to be in town.
When we were leaving for our dinner reservation, his mom called and said they needed help with their old truck, so we ran up to their house and.......... SURPRISE!!!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! We had planned a surprise party for him!!!
His parents and grandparents and my parents, Mike, Amber and Camden, and a few of his best friends were all there! He was so surprised and we had a blast! We had a BBQ, ate lots of good food, and played badmitton!
I made him an ice-cream birthday cake! The weather turned out to be perfect and Jake had a fabulous birthday. He even told me that it was his favorite birthday, EVER! That's going to be hard to top!
On Sunday we went up to his parents to have a Mothers Day, Birthday dinner with the whole family. It was so fun having Mike, Amber and Camden up to spend a little time with us. I'm sure it was the perfect Mother's Day gift to have the whole family together.
Jake's favorite gifts were.....
....a really nice backbacking pack from his parents for his backpacking trips this summer,
....a gift certificate to PF Changs so us poor kids can go out to a nice dinner,
....a PUNCH PASS to go golfing at Birch Creek with his wife!!!!
AND being surprised with a party from all his friends and family!!


3 comments:
Yay! It looks like you guys had a great weekend!! Can't wait to see you in a month!
looks like fun. We really need to get together next time your in i.f. for dinner or something, or when were in logan. you guys are cute, looks like jake had a good birthday, hope so.
I love your surprises!! You need to teach your cousin a thing or two about them... We just so happen to have a P.F. Changs about 10 min from our place, so whenever you want to go! :) Tell Jake Happy late Birthday!
Post a Comment