Sunday, March 1, 2009

Ups and Downs

I've had a pretty up and down roller coaster of a week or two. I love my family and I am so grateful for the closeness that we share. My sweet grandma was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease several years ago and my grandpa has been caring for her every need for the past couple of years or so. I am grateful for all the wonderful memories I have with my grandma and all the beautiful things that she has made me. I am so glad that she was able to come to the temple for my wedding and be there with me for that important day in my life. It has been hard to watch her struggle through this challenge. The disease has affected her ability to speak and swallow and as it worsened, her strength and ability to walk. My mom and her other brothers and sisters have been able to be close to her and help my grandpa care for her. She is the best example of enduring to the end and her battle with Parkinson's ended when she passed away the morning of February 19, 2009.
Her funeral was the following Monday and it was amazing. All of her 7 children participated in the funeral and did an amazing job. It was a sad day but a happy day as well. All of her family got together and celebrated her wonderful life. All of the granddaughters sang "I Am a Child of God", and there was a sweet spirit filling the chapel. I have been so emotional through this whole thing but I know that she is in a better place, reunited with her family. She is such an amazing example of what kind of a women I want to be. I will miss her but I know that I will see her again.


It was great to see all my family and I got to see my cousin Ashley and see her cute little pregnant belly! She looks so great. She just found out that she is having a little baby boy. She is due on the 13th of July and I'm so excited for her! We talked about a lot of memories we had growing up and playing at Grandmas. It was fun to talk about all the fun times that we remember at the cabin and helping in the garden.

I also got to spend some quality time with Logan! He is soooo cute!



This is a funny face!! I just love him! I won't see him for a while and I'm sure that he will get so big by the next time I see him in April!

On with the roller coaster, we went to Rascal Flatts on Thursday night and it was AWESOME! They played tons of great songs but not nearly enough!!! Their voices are so amazing and they sound so amazing live. I love too many of there songs so I just kept thinking, "I hope they sing this song", and then they would sing another one and I would think, "oh that was great they better sing that one now!"


The stage and production was amazing! All the lighting and different things for all the songs was spectacular. This was when they were singing on of my all time favorite songs, "These Days."

That is Jay, the lead singer...

and Joe Don.... he actually sang the song "I'm Movin On" acoustic, just him and his guitar and has an amazing voice alsol.

It was such a fun night and poor Jake had two tests the next day! Next time we plan something we'll have to look at his schedule! He had a really great time and is trying to catch up on his sleep. He is starting to catch a little cold so I am trying to be a good wife and take care of him! I am probably getting on his nerves trying to give him so much medicine and making him drink gallons of orange juice!


We just have to make it one more week and we will be in sunny Cabo San Lucas! We are going down to Mexico with my family for spring break! Jake has a stressful busy week planning the service trip to Mexico and studying for Chemistry :( If we can just make if through one week, we will be two very warm happy people! I have already started packing, that's how excited I am!!!

3 comments:

ashley and mike said...

Really? Did you have to post that ugly picture of me? Hopefully i don't look that bad in real life! i'm so jealous you'll be in cabo soon....

Mike, Amber and Camden said...

I am sorry to hear about your Grandma, i didn't know. That is hard to let someone go, when you love them so much! But it looks like you had so much fun at your concert..I am jealous..but even more jealous that you guys are going to cabo soon! We wished we could have come! Love you guys.. miss ya too! p.s. you and Jake make such a cute couple.. I love it!!

Kelsey said...

We love Logan's funny faces in those pictures! We are so excited that you guys will get a break in Mexico soon. You deserve it! We are dreaming of next year when we will be there too!!! Love you!