Sunday, June 16, 2013

NBCOT

or
the National Board Certification for Occupational Therapy
or 
the Damn Test

In other words... the cumulation of 3 years of school in one 4 hour test!!!

Since I finished my Internship the end of March I have been studying for this darn test.  It's a process after graduating, passing my internship, taking boards and getting my license before I could start working... this was just another hoop to jump through... 
a fiery burning life or death expensive kind of a hoop.

After studying more than I ever thought I could, 
and feeling like my brain was a pot of soggy spaghetti, 
I decided I was ready or not.

The morning of June 6th, 2013 I took the test.
I actually felt pretty good about it and hopeful about the results... 
but sometimes that is when you fail.
I had to wait a week to find out the results.  Longest week ever.

So we packed up the car and the bikes and 
Jake took me on a weekend getaway to Park City to celebrate being DONE.

We went a beautiful bike ride that morning and did some shopping at the outlets in the afternoon.


We drove over to Heber to the Dairy Keen for a milkshake.

And spent some time by the pool the next day.

A week later I received my results....


































Best news of the year.

No comments: