Friday, January 11, 2013

new years {eve & day}

We spent New Years Eve at Hotel Monaco.  
(one of the perks of Jake's job) 
Everything just seems more fun when you are in a hotel!

I got all dolled up and let my hair just do it's own thing... :)

What other night of the year can you get away with sequins, velvet pants, cheetah print... and swoopy hair...?


We ate dinner at Bombara.  It was exceptional. 

I ate the most delicious thing I have ever eaten.  It was a Potato Gnocchi with butternut squash, craisins, onions and some spectacular white creamy stuff on top.  oh. my. goodness. I salivate even thinking about it.




We hung out in our hotel room after dinner for a bit until just before midnight.



We snuck up on the roof and watched the firework show in the Gallivan Center.
It was a pretty great way to ring in the New Year!
Happy 2013!

The next morning, I said goodbye to my old snowboard and hello to my beautiful new one!!

We went up to Canyons and hit the slopes on new Years Day.  I was pretty nervous about how my knee would do the first day on the mountain.
To be honest.  It hurt.  A lot.

I had to take quite a few breaks....


It was gorgeous and overall we had a good day.

By the end of the day... I felt like I had conquered a great fear.  
I am going to be okay... and with a little pain... 
I will be able to shred some pow :)

No comments: