A friend of mine did a post similar to this and I loved it
...so I am copying the idea :)
Here are some of the recipes I have pinned on pinterest and actually made...
First of all: how to cook brown rice perfectly every time.... it really is amazing, no more wet sticky rice.
This is a delicious chili that is pretty quick, perfect for a chilly fall night. It can be made thick like chili or more like a soup. Both ways are delish. It has become a favorite.
Oh coconut ice cream. Every time I go in a grocery store, I search for coconut ice cream and can. never. find. it.
So I decided to make it myself. This is good. It requires a little more time in the freezer after the ice cream maker, but it is dang good.
These might be my favorite cookies of all time. Good cookies, good memories :) These cookies have a lot going on but they are all good things. The only problem is the name... it's WAY too long. I have renamed this cookie: the spring break cookie. Lime and coconut and macadamia... perfect for spring break. If you like coconut, these are a must.
Yummy easy adorable appetizers. I made these for our 4th of July kabob barbecue. Very easy and I could have eaten the whole plate.
I have always wanted to make my own pad thai. It's tough to make something as good as what you have at a restaurant, but I thought this was fabulous. I add chicken to make jake happy. I have made it a few times and we love it!
This is an awesome trick for camping. We tried it and it worked pretty great. Make the pancake batter before your trip and freeze it. Pack it in the cooler and the next morning take it out and it's ready to make pancakes. No mess to clean up, just snip off the ends and throw it away after you are finished. When we made ours, the batter was a little think so we squirted it out in a swirl pattern to make a pancake. It was pretty great!
I have been waiting for my basil to grow enough to make homemade pesto... and I finally did. It was so good! We used it on fresh bread, tossed with pasta and fresh tomatoes, sandwiches, pizza would be good, grilled cheese, possibilities are endless! This is a simple pesto recipe but it was very good.
Quinoa. Heard of it? It is really good!
This is a recipe I have made a few times, lots of flavor and very filling. It's good hot or cold.
I love fish tacos... but I have always been nervous to make them myself. These are pretty simple and very delicious. Probably Jake's favorite thing that I make. It's lite and fresh. Cilantro and avocado make everything better. We use a hard taco shell inside of a soft shell, it gives an extra crunch that is so good. Please try these, even if you don't love fish, they don't taste fishy at all!
If you are not a fish person, try this crock pot chicken with cilantro and lime. This was a quick easy recipe that cooks all day for tender chicken. We ate it wrapped in a tortilla or plain with some quinoa. Very good with good flavor.
This is the funnest thing to do for a BBQ. It is so so good and so fun. Everyone can make their own pizza. It takes practice to get the crust right, but it's fun because you throw it right on the grill!
Okay... if you don't like fish, or chicken... you can try this cilantro lime shrimp recipe. This is really easy and very good. Can you tell I like lime and cilantro?
This is a homemade pasta sauce made from cherry tomatoes. I think I will be making this a lot when my tomatoes from the garden start coming in! This takes about an hour but it is very light and fresh and easy. It just takes time to simmer together.
Thanks for reading!
I hope you found something that you want to try and you can let me know what you think!
















No comments:
Post a Comment