Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Ladies Member Guest

My dad and my brother play in the Member Guest Tournament at the Idaho Falls Country Club every year.  Last summer I asked my mom why we never play in the Ladies Member Guest and she kind of laughed.....  She's not the serious golfing type.... but I kept bugging her and one day she called and said she would do it!!!

We both have been practicing really hard this spring and summer to play in this Member Guest.  We both played enough to get a handicap and practiced a lot with our hubbies.   


Finally the weekend of the big tourney came! We had our practice round on Thursday.  It was chicago style which means you get different points for pars, birdies, eagles and bogies.  We did pretty well and ended up in 4th place, just out of the money!  We had fun just playing and practicing.  That night they had a welcome barbecue, a Beach Par-Tee!   We already won a tee prize, a nice footjoy wind vest and a bling ball marker! It was tons of fun! 


They had breakfast for us each morning and snacks after each 9.  It was really a blast!  The first day we played the front nine Chapman and the back nine Scramble.  We were playing good and Mom was hitting some great shots!  I knew that we were playing pretty well and I had that nervous tournament feeling that I used to get.  I think it makes me play better!  We ended up in 2nd place after the first day, we shot a 63 net!


The second day was best ball, which is a little harder because everyone is on their own!  We were playing with the leaders of the tournament, so we were in the final group... just like Tiger and Phil!  We played the front nine great and had a couple bad holes on 13 and 14... but finished strong.  We ended up shooting 64 on the second day! 


We ended up in 3rd place overall and won $300!!!  Wahoo!  We'll definitely be back!  I'm so proud of my mom for playing in her first tournament. 


We had so much fun and I love you MOM!!

No comments: