Sunday, July 18, 2010

4th of July: Logan vs IF

The 4th of July is my favorite holiday!  What could be better than camping, golfing, barbecues, and fireworks?!  Friday we went up to Tony Grove Lake to visit Jake's family.  They were camping up there for the weekend.  We had a fun day!

 There was still a little snow in some places.

Tony Grove Lake

We went on a drive to Old Ephraim's Grave.  He was the last known grizzly bear to roam Utah, killed in 1923.  He was 1,100 pounds and about 11 feet tall!  This is a stone monument that is as tall as he was!

Jake and Camden

There were beautiful fields of flowers on the way.

On Friday night we had a BBQ in Logan with some friends and family.  It turned out to be quite the party.  After eating lots of good food, a little volleyball and badminton, we went to the fireworks show at the stadium.  It is a pretty good show but it really just made me excited for the fireworks in Idaho Falls!

 Yummy food


Megan, Jaevin and I

The boys


2 years ago I invited Jake up to Idaho Falls for the 4th of July.  I told him that IF has the best fireworks, period.  He didn't really believe me and told me that Logan's were pretty good.  That year we agreed to stay in Logan and watch the fireworks on the 3rd and then drive to IF for the 4th.  He kept telling people that he was going up Idaho Falls for the 4th of July and they would reply with "Oh I've heard they have great fireworks" or "That fireworks show is the best."  He thought everyone was just pulling his leg....  He changed his mind after about 3 minutes.... IF is the best!  

This year I decided to document the competition.

Logan vs. IF

Logan.....
Logan Finale

Saturday morning we drove to Idaho Falls and went golfing at the Country Club.  It was fun to play with my mom and get ready for our tournament the next weekend.  Jake is loving golf, he is taking a golf class this summer and is getting pretty good.  I am so excited that he loves it!  



We had a great dinner at the Club and went home to get ready for the fireworks.  My dad was up in Island Park with my brother and his family so we were on our own for the fireworks this year.  


We headed down the the river and found the perfect spot!  Since there was just two of us we snuck down right across the river from where they launch the fireworks off.  It was IDEAL.  They were shooting right above us!  It was the best!!!


vs IF







Listening to the awesome synchronized music on our mini radio!


IF Finale
 I'm just gonna put my vote in for Idaho Falls.....

The rest of the weekend was great.  Dad, Chris and Kelsey came back from the cabin so we got to hang out with them and play with Logan!  He is finally warming up to me and not looking at me like I'm a crazy person when I try to play with him or make him smile!


 We had a great 4th of July barbecue on Sunday!

Delicious kabobs


We finally brought my dad his Fathers day present!  The box said Beware of the Wild Animals.... Open with Extreme Caution.

It was a new Magic Mouse for his iMac!

Happy Fathers Day DAD!!

We got together with all of my high school besties (except Ali) and their hubbies and kiddos on Sunday night.  It is so fun to see everyone and how dang cute all of their kids are!   Kellie and Cherie are both expecting and are due a day apart!  That is awesome!

Monday afternoon we went golfing again and I got some great pointers from my dad.  He is a great teacher and has been helping my mom get ready for the big tournament.  It was one of those windy Idaho days and it was like I was back in high school... playing golf in the wind every day.

We had a GREAT weekend!!!!
 

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

Yeah...Idaho Falls definitely wins. Not much of a contest. Sorry Jake!