This is seriously the best granola! It is so much cheaper to make granola than to buy it, and I LOVE ME SOME GRANOLA!!!!
INGREDIENTS:
8 cups oats, (I used 6 grain)
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 1/2 cups wheat germ
1 cup almonds
1 cup cashews
1 cup coconut
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla (I used mexican ;) )
1 cup raisins, craisins or dried fruit. (I don't use fruit, jake doesn't like it)
(I also try to buy all my nuts unsalted)
DIRECTIONS:
Mix first 7 ingredients. Heat oil, honey, water and peanut butter until bubbly. Add vanilla and pour over dry ingredients. Mix well. Spread on large cookie sheet or two. Bake at 275 degrees for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Add dry fruit and cool. Store your homemade granola in a tight container.
4 comments:
Yum! It looks great! I love granola, i will have to try it. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks Court-- I can't even tell you how much I have been craving this! I will be making this soon and I too, Love me some granola!!
YUMMY! Can't wait to try out the recipe! I just asked Logan what he'd like to tell Aunt Courtney and he got a big grin and said heeee! oooooh! ah dah dah dah! I'm pretty sure that means I love you!
I've been waiting for this!! THANK YOU!
Post a Comment