Sunday, November 22, 2009

{Real Pumpkin} Pumpkin Pie

I was trying to be a little martha stewartish, i guess...... I decided to make a pumkin pie out of a REAL pumpkin!

Here is my little pumpkin.....


I scooped out the strings and seeds, cooked it.....


Scooped out the flesh and mixed till smooth.....


Combined it together with the other ingredients (sweetened condensed milk and a variety of spices) and poured it in the crust.....



Baked it.....


And ENJOYED!!!!



I was worried that it would taste yucky and stringy and pumkiny, but I was pleasently surprised when it was delish!  It was hard for me to believe that it was made from a REAL pumkin.... crazy!  Thats what happens when you decide to try something new, sometimes its strange and yucky and sometimes its great.  I might make another for Thanksgiving this week!!!

2 comments:

Kelsey said...

I am so impressed! Looks YUMMY!

ashley and mike said...

i am also impressed! i hate pumpkin pie so i will not ever be attempting this.....but good job! am i going to be seeing you on black friday?!?!