We slept pretty well thanks to all the wonderful camping gear that we have acquired from our friends and family for our wedding and Christmas. Its fun to have all the camping stuff to go camping by ourselves. Its the perfect cheap getaway!
We brought our bikes along and decided to ride them over to White Pine Lake the next morning. We wanted a little exercise and thought this might do the trick. This is normally a place where backpackers go for overnighters. I'm not much of a hardcore mountain biker, so this would be the test. I was a little discouraged because the trail was so rocky and I wasn't used to that, but it ended up being a lot of fun. it turns out that I'm pretty hardcore after all!
We had a picnic at the top and enjoyed the gorgeous view of the changing fall colors. On the way down my legs almost felt like jello, but we made it to the bottom safely and I decided that I like riding my mountain bike in the actual MOUNTAINS!!
Now we are going to stay bundled up in our house until next spring because it is getting cold and SNOWY!!!!! That's not okay, its just the beginning of October, what happened to FALL?!?!


1 comment:
Love the pictures! You guys definitely need to come visit us in Boise...where Fall actually exists and the weather is still nice! You are welcome ANY time!!
Post a Comment