Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Surgery...

So the big day finally came....
ACL reconstruction surgery

here are some snapshots from my phone from the past week...



Here is a lovely "before" picture of my knee, i hope someday it will look like this again.


Then into surgery I went...

back home that night with a "puffy" leg

I have to lay around with my leg up for FIVE days.

I have been using some of the random things I get from OT school, like this handy leg lifter

this is my "you better not take a picture of me" face

My mom has been here talking good care of me... breakfast lunch and dinner in bed

good books and warm drinks

i went to physical therapy on monday and finally got to see my knee... ew

pineapple mango smoothie... yes please.

now I am trying to do my PT exercises at home... it makes my knee hurt.


I am trying to be tough.  

2 comments:

Kami and Joe said...

You make wallslides look good! :) glad you are healing well

Kelsey said...

I've been showing Logan these pictures and he keeps talking about you and your "big owie." Hope it gets better fast!!!