Tuesday, December 27, 2011

babies

no... I'm not having one.  

I just had the opportunities to babysit a few....

Every once and a while I help out at the Canyons in their Childcare program.  They had a huge even at the beginning of December and they called for as much help as they could get.  They had a group of Veterans coming for a reintegration into society retreat and they had about 250 kids that needed to be babysat.

Lucky (or not) for me I got assigned to work in the infant-toddler room with the 0-3 year olds.

I was a bit nervous about what to expect.  This is what I saw when i walked in the room.  
(and there was another room full of cribs!)

The calm before the storm.

It was just about the craziest babysitting job i had ever done.  There were about 10 adults to 25 or 30 babies.


When the parents dropped them off, we labeled everything with tape, 
the diaper bags... 
the zippy cups... 
the stuffed animals....
 the blankets... 
and of course... 
the kids.


It was madness.  
Trying to feed the kids and keep them happy, clean and dry.  



 By the end of the two days, I was exhausted... 
and covered in spit, tears, and a few other things.


After this I don't think I will ever have kids.... 
except I would only have one at a time... instead of 30 :)

Speaking of babies... my sister in law Kelsey had one!  He came a few weeks early but is doing great.
Meet my newest nephew...

 Ryan Oliver Webb


He was born 
December 23rd at 11:17 a.m.
7 lbs 12.5 oz.
21 in. long

What a little sweetheart!  Congrats Chris and Kelsey!

No comments: