Sunday, September 4, 2011

Back to School

The last week of summer came and went way too fast!  I have been back in school for 2 weeks and my life is busy busy once again.  I have been helping out in the Child Care center at the canyons on Fridays.  It has been good to have a little income but I don't think I could do it every day for 10 hours with 12 or 13 two year olds!

Jake started a new job working for the Hotel Monaco in downtown Salt Lake.  He is working in the accounting department and loving the 8 to 5 Monday thru Friday job!  He is learning a lot and enjoying the change of scenery.



We squeezed in a few fun things before school started.  We went to a "movie under the stars" at the state capital.  The set up a huge screen and show movies on the lawn for free during the summer.  We cooked dinner before and went with some friends to the movie.

 Michelle and I


 It was such a fun summer thing to do!  We brought some treats along and watched "Better Off Dead", a very weird 80s movie.

The Saturday before school started a group of us went to Seven Peaks!  We had a really fun time going down all of the water slides and playing in the wave pool.



I am going to miss my wonderful summer break.  It was so nice to not worry about school for a few weeks.  I am getting used to my school schedule and trying to get focused again!

2 comments:

Kelsey said...

Yikes. 2-year olds are definitely best one at a time, not a dozen!! We miss you guys!

The Tolmans said...

Looks like you guys had a fun summer! I get the back to school thing, busy busy. And I LOVE hotel Monaco. Ben and I went there for our 2nd Anniversary!