We are officially moved out and living with the In-Laws. It has been a crazy couple of weeks! I am so so tired of packing and moving and cleaning, I'm glad that we have a while until we have to unpack. I can't believe all the stuff we fit in that little apartment. I'm really going to miss that place, we've had good times there. During all the madness of moving, we've been doing a lot of fun things...
...family reunions
a little bit of Tim
showers for babies
parades and rodeos
and a new house and an old job....
We had a Larsen family reunion over the 24th of July, at the lodge in Firth. It was a ton of fun! I even went paint balling with all the crazy guys. I was scared for my life, half of these guys are hunting guides, thats what they do for a living! I was really good at hiding and even got a few kills. My heart was always pounding, I thought they'd hear it for sure. I only ended up with a couple welts and a few bruises. My favorite thing that they guys said was, "There's just something awesome about shooting each other." mmmmmm.... not exactly my kind of awesome! I didn't take any pics but I think Carolyn did, I'll have to find them to prove it!
We also went rafting down the Blackfoot River. It wasn't too crazy, but a lot of fun. The water was the perfect temp, i almost wish i would have fallen out....
We had a fun time with all the Larsen's. A lot of good food and fun games were played. I wish I would have taken more pictures!
On Friday night we went to Tim McGraw and Lady Antebellum! Oh I love me some Tim!
What an awesome concert! Tim has so many great songs. He was really funny, a lot of southern pride. He sang a new song that is WAY good, called Felt Good on My Lips. I loved it. He ended with Cowboy In Me. One of my favorites!
Sidenote about the concert... I guess I didn't get the memo that you are suppose to dress like a skank when you go to country concerts.... whoa there were some girls with just a little bit on!
Saturday was the Preston parade and Famous Night Rodeo!
Mmmmm.... carmel apples
Earlier that day I went to my dear cousin's baby shower. I'm so excited for her! She is due in one month! YAY Amanda! It was great to see all the family, Aunts, uncles, cousins.... especially my cousin Meridee, she is moving to Dubai in two weeks, so it was great to see her and finally meet her little boy, Will.
It seems like after the Rodeo, summer flies by... we'll try to live in slow motion for these last 3 weeks we have together until I move away from my babe to Salt Lake. It's gonna be hard :(
Good news is I only have TWO more days of work!!
I am so dang excited! There will be people that I miss and will keep in touch with... but I'm definitely ready to move on.
So as of Friday, we have no jobs and no house!


4 comments:
Oh, I love the rodeo, but it is true, it really marks the end of summer! It looks like you had a great time at your reunion and floating down a river sounds so nice at this point. I am so happy you made it to the shower! I love the little outfits, he will have a great time being a little beach bum- you and I will teach him! I know it will be sad to leave your honey, but promise that you and I will play and 'shop at the gateway' lots!!
It was soo good to see you too, Court - and hate to tell you, but I don't know how much playing at the gateway amanda will be up for the next few months! I'm sure she will love to have you come visit and hold her little guy though! Good luck with the new school, and separation.
This post basically sums up my life right now, minus the rodeo of course (Tommy isn't into cowboy type things, go figure). Isn't being jobless and homeless an adventure? Not to mention I don't think I've ever done so much cleaning in such a short period of time. Let me know when you're in Salt Lake and have some free time and we can do an IKEA run :)
Courtney! Your blog is so cute, and you two look so happy. I haven't seen you in forever but you look like you are doing well! Congrats on going back to get your Masters too! I have to finish by BS to do that first!
Post a Comment