Sunday, June 6, 2010

Gardening 101?

We planted a garden.  I guess we are gardeners now. 

Step One: till

Scratch that..... Step One: buy plants

Step Two: till (see above pic)

Step Three: rake & fertilize

Step Four: hoe

Step Five: plant

Step Six: water & sun

Step Seven: watch the garden grow

We are experimenting with becoming gardeners.  Do not try this at home, and what I mean is don't follow my steps because I really don't know what I'm doing!!  This is our first attempt at a little garden so I thought I would document.  We are planting red, yellow and orange bell peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers and winter squash.  There is also some corn in the other two rows.  Hopefully something will grow!

At least we have some beautiful peonies to take home!

6 comments:

melissa said...

first of all... i love your hair cut. that took guts but you totally pull it off. second of all... i miss you and the ward. hope everything is going great. the garden looks great. take care

Kelsey said...

Wow it's post heaven on your blog! Love all the pics. Good luck with your garden! Something is bound to grow!

preston. shawnee. cohen. said...

Cute little garden! I had to weed so much growing up and I'm just scared to garden now because of all bugs and spiders! Hopefully I'll overcome my fear one day cause I really do love gardens.
It was fun talking to you at church yesterday! And I just love your hair!

Dave and Alisha said...

This is how I feel about our garden although we have daves dad telling us to do every week. Hahah and I love your hair cut! lets really get together before you leave.

Amanda said...

So, my dear, I don't know where I have been, but I think something is going on with my blog. There are like five posts that I didn't even know you had on here. I went searching through your pasts posts to get that granola recipe and now I am all caught up on you, so here are my comments all backed up...
Jake's birthday looks like a good time and I really want to have some of those ultimate brownies!
Your update sounds like you have everything in order and figured out. I know you would rather be with Jake, but I can't tell you how excited I am to have you closer to me!
Your hair is absolutely adorable! You must tell me who your fantastic stylist is... You look awesome!
And last, your garden looks great! Is is at Jake's parents house? We are taking a stab at the whole garden thing this year too, it is so fun to see the little plants pop up and grow. Now, if I can just keep them alive...

preston. shawnee. cohen. said...

We would love to get together with you guys! And a bbq sounds great!! If this darn rain would go away. Lets talk to some other couples from the ward and plan something! When are you guys free??