DAY 1 {ARRIVAL}
We got up bright and early on May 10th and got to the airport at 5:00 am. What a wonderful birthday surprise for Jake! (I will have to post about Jake's birthday weekend and Mothers Day next.)
Tired but very excited!
We got to LA and connected to Honolulu and arrived about 2:00 that afternoon. With all the traveling and crazy time difference, we were all starving for dinner!
Jake got to choose where to go for dinner since it was his birthday and we ended up eating at Red Lobster in Waikiki! All the fresh seafood was delicious. Happy birthday babe!!
After the birthday dinner we walked down by the beach and all the nice resorts at Waikiki. Everything was so beautiful and it was so warm I wanted to go swimming! Camden loved the ocean and was having a blast running from the waves.
We headed across the island to our house and stopped on the way at Pali Lookout. What a beautiful place! It is so lush and green everywhere.
We got to our house in Hau'ula and unpacked. We were all exhausted after a long day of traveling and so excited for the week to come!
DAY 2 {BEACH & PINEAPPLES}
We got up bright and early... 5 am Hawaii time (9 am Utah time). We decided to spend the day at the beach! We packed a lunch and found some beach chairs, umbrellas and boogie boards at the house and headed towards the north shore. We decided to stop at Waimea Bay. It was a gorgeous day, perfect for hanging out on the beach. We spent the day reading, soaking up the rays, having a picnic on the beach, swallowing salt water, cliff jumping, and watching Camden love the ocean!
After the beach, we headed north through Haleiwa and stopped at Mostumoto's for an amazing famous shaved ice with ice cream. Pure heaven!
After the delicious treat, we drove up to the Dole Plantation.
We rode the Pineapple Express and learned all about pineapples. Pineapples are definitely my favorite fruit. I LOVE them! And for loving them so much I had no idea how they grew.... simply amazing. Not in a tree or in the ground. They grow from a little plant, right out of the top. There were fields and fields of pineapple plants, and they harvest and plant them all by hand! No wonder they are so pricey!
We also had to try the pineapple ice cream.... mmmmm!
DAY 3 {PEARL HARBOR}
We headed into Pearl Harbor on Wednesday.
We went on a tour the the USS Bowfin Submarine, it was pretty amazing and a lot bigger that I thought. I would never want to have to live inside one!
We also rode a ferry out the the USS Arizona Memorial. It was a very touching experience knowing that there are still men entombed inside the ship.
The whole time we were at Pearl Harbor, I couldn't help but think about how terrifying it would have been to be there that day, watching all those 100s of Japanese planes fly in.
After Pearl Harbor we headed to the swap meet. They have tons of booths set up all the way around Rainbow Stadium. You could find about anything you wanted! I didn't take any pictures because I was too busy shopping... imagine that! We got some fun things; photo albums, jewelry, beads, flowers, swim skirts, and matching lifeguard shirts for $3!
On the way back to our house we stopped at a Macadamia Nut Farm. We got to sample all different kinds of Macadamia nuts.... honey roasted, cinnamon, caramel, salted, dry roasted, chocolate covered, and a few others. Other than good treats, it was one of the most beautiful places we visited.
DAY 4 {SNORKEL & KUHUKU}
Thursday morning we woke up early to drive to Hanauma Bay. This bay was declared a protected marine life conservation area and underwater park in 1967. We packed a lunch, our beach gear and our snorkel stuff!
Snorkeling was a blast!
After our great day at Hanauma Bay we headed along the coast. We stopped at Halona Blowhole.
We found Sandy Beach and stopped for a little boogie boarding action.
That night for dinner, we ate at the most fabulous local place called The Kuhuku Grill, famous for its coconut shrimp.. so of course that is what I got!
Everything about the place was AMAZING!
DAY 5 {PCC & LUAU}
We visited each of the villages of Polynesia and learned a little bit about each of their cultures. It was an awesome day.
Fiji- we learned how to crack and husk a coconut and climb a tree to get a coconut.
Samoa- we learned to play the drums and a Samoan dance .
Hawaii- we learned about the origins of the hula and how to move our hands and our hips.
Tahiti- we learned to shake our hips and make coconut bread.
New Zea land- we learned to dance with poi balls and play stick games.
Tonga- we learned a sitting dance and spear throwing.
Here are some pictures from the Polynesian Cultural Center.
Ali'i Luau
'Ha Breath of Life' Performance
DAY 6 {BOOGIE & HALEIWA}
We found a great boogie boarding beach just down the road form our house called Pounders Beach. There were some pretty big waves... hence the name.
We are getting prepared to face the waves!
Jake, Mike and Jeff riding the boards.
Now its my turn....
YEAH BABY!!
Jake and Mike fighting the waves and body surfing in!
Later that day Jake and I went to Sunset Beach to catch some rays. It was a beautiful beach on the north shore.
Dang I love this boy :)
We went in to Haleiwa that evening to do a little shopping and have dinner at Haleiwa Joes. What a fabulous little surfer town. I wouldn't mind living here for a few years.
Jake and Mike eating Calamari.
Haleiwa Joe's
DAY 7 {TEMPLE & BEACH}
Sunday morning we went to church and then strolled over to the temple. It is a spectacular temple, so beautiful.
This is the whole family in front our house!
and cute little Camden!
That afternoon we went out to the beach just down from our house to take some fun pics!
That night we went on a hike up in the mountains in the JUNGLE! It was beautiful!
DAY 8 {GOODBYE}
We got up and the boys went snorkeling at Sharks Cove. They said it was great! We packed up out stuff and were on the road by about 11:00. Our plane didn't leave until 8:00 that night so we had another day. We stopped at the Macadamia Nut Farm again and also in Haleiwa to do a little more shopping. We ate one last time at Kuhuku Grill and got some coconut macadamia nut ice cream in Haleiwa. It was AMAZING!
This guy painted a coconut for us! It says
"Put the lime in the coconut"
Larsens
Hawaii 2010
This is our house in Hau'ula, Hawaii! We loved it and will miss it!
I didn't get pictures of the other two rooms but they were way cute too!
Aloha Hawaii, We love you and will be back!



6 comments:
looks like an amazing trip....how fun that you all got to go together.
Looks like so much fun! I love how beautiful all your photos look, it is so green there! I hope you are all recovered now from your travels.
Could I be more jealous? First Cabo, then Oahu? Brought back some good memories of my first trip there:) Glad you enjoyed it.
Fun trip!! Stop going sunny places and getting so tan...you're making me look pasty
you guys are SO fun!! I love these pictures all of them it makes me miss that place. but how funny we switched vacations we went to cabo and you hawaii... funny! call us lets get together:)
Ooooo fun fun fun :) I've just been to maui, but I'd love to take a trip here some day!!! We just got back from our cruise and I'm already missing the weather and lifestyle of a vacation ha. Glad you guys had fun, you two are such a fun couple. Hopefully we'll see ya soon!
Post a Comment