8 days til Cabo...
AND I MESSED UP MY KNEE!!!!
We went snowboarding last Saturday and I busted up my knee. I landed a jump and there was a hole in the snow and I fell and twisted my knee. UHG.
On Monday at work I had the therapists look at it. They thought that I torn my MCL. They told me to get a brace and do some therapy and it would heal over time. No surgery! Whew.....
Tuesday it started hurting really bad so I had the doctor next to our work look at it and they thought I had torn my meniscus, not my MCL. Bad news.... They wanted to give me a cortizone injection to help with the pain and if the pain did not decrease, an MRI to check for tears and then SURGERY!!! OH NO!!!
Wednesday I had an MRI done.
Today they got the results of the MRI..... I have small tears, called scuffing in my meniscus. No complete tears! GOOD NEWS! No surgery for now, I just have to be careful and wear my brace. But do you really think I'll wear my brace while I'm laying on the beach, soaking up the sun????? Mmmmmm, we'll see.
Bad timing for this to happen but.......
1. I am thankful that I work at a Physical Therapy clinic and the Doctors helped me out.
2. I'm sooooo happy I don't have to have surgery.
3. I know our prayers were answered.
10 years ago



4 comments:
I am SOOO glad it wasn't more serious! I'm pretty sure that you don't need a brace to lay by the pool, chill in the spa, walk on the beach... We are still going to have a GREAT time!! Have fun in IF this weekend...wish we were there. We love you guys!
Oh no! I am so sorry! That is crappy timing, but no better place to heal than in beautiful Cabo! Kelsey is right, go chill in the spa, do it extra for me since I can't this year! :( I'm pretty sure that the drinks they serve at happy hour have healing powers, so drink extra of those too! Sorry to hear this happened, hope you get feeling up to par soon!
Oh I'm so glad you don't have to have surgery. Tommy has had surgery on his miniscus 3 times!! My little brother had it too about a year ago... not fun. Have fun on your vacation!!
we need to wrap you in bubble wrap girl! You better stay healthy so you don't ruin a good trip!
Post a Comment