Wednesday, July 31, 2013

66 miles of {raw & rodeo}

We decided to ride in RAW (Ride Around the Wellsvilles) again this year and try for the 66 mile ride.


Jeff, Reagen, Jake and I getting ready to start

Ready. Set. Go!

The ride started out great, a little cool and overcast.  Cache Valley is so gorgeous in the summertime.

We made it to the halfway mark... 
a little tired... 
and it started to rain... 
just a little at first...

It kept raining and raining for 33 miles.

6 miles from the finish line Jeff got a flat...

But we made it!

That night we traveled up to Preston (after a good long nap) for the Famous Preston Night Rodeo!

We made it for the parade.

Got loaded up on some candy... with Oliver's help.

I have so many memories from this Parade as a kid.  They all come rushing back whenever I am sitting on the curb in front of the Webb's house.

Then to the carnival...

and Rodeo!

It was fun to have Amber and Mike and our cute niece and nephew with us!

Amber joined in my tradition of a carmel apple.

The Rodeo was excellent and it was fun to see all my family from Preston!
Another summer to-do I can check off my list.

To top it all off... Fireworks!

No comments: