Monday, October 22, 2012

chickadee

Before school started, back in August,  I wanted to finish up a few projects.  This was one that I was excited and nervous about.  

Excited to use real paint to paint something, but nervous about the color I chose...

This is an old coffee table that I inherited from my Grandma Webb. I wanted to paint it bright to bring a pop of color into our living room.  

With a green couch, it's hard to add pops of color.  I recently got some cute pillows from pier one and they were my inspiration.

First we had to strip the old finish.

Jake was good at the stripping part. Ha.

Then we had to prime it....

Then paint!  Chickadee Yellow!


I even wore a yellow shirt in celebration.

After two coats of paint it was so bright a cheery... I had one final step...

Antique Glaze.

The glaze certainly toned down the brightness of the yellow to my liking. 

Finished product!  It certainly adds some color to the room :)

No comments: