Sunday, August 12, 2012

PAR FORE

 As an OT student I have been lucky enough to work with these amazing refugee kids for the past 2 years.  I am helping with a program that teaches life skills and and golf! 
Each letter of PAR FORE stands for a value that is taught in these life skills lessons.

Perseverance
Accountability
Resilience
Fellowship
Opportunity
Respect
Empowerment

 It has been such a fun and rewarding experience.  
I am in charge of the golf portion of the session.

We teach a younger group, these beautiful girls are in 4th and 5th grade.  They are so sweet, a little sassy and they love golf and a willing to try anything!


I have been working with Jessica and Temple this summer who help organize and teach the life skills session.

The other age group is junior high and high school age.  This was the bunch that was there for the last day this summer. 

Some of these kids have been coming to PAR FORE for 2 years and they are really learning a lot about golf and also how it can be related to life.  They are amazing kids and they have been through so much.

PAR FORE for life :)

This is what I have been assigned to research for my graduate research project.  We are looking at the perceived value of PAR FORE through the eyes of the participants.  I am so lucky to have such an awesome research topic that I am so interested in!

No comments: