Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Happy Easter!

What a wonderful weekend! (except for the weather)

We went up to Idaho Falls to relax for Conference/Easter weekend.  It is fun to be able to get away for the weekend and not worry about church meetings and everything!  We had a fabulous time.

----Listening to the words of the Prophet and Apostles is such a wonderful way to spend the weekend.
----We had a great time cooking great food, trying new recipes and spending time together.
----We watched the semi final basketball games, two great games!
----I just can't leave behind the Easter tradition of dying Easter eggs.  I love it, I guess I'll never grow up.  My mom bought me a cute little dying kit and we had a blast! Here are a few pictures....


I tried a new way to decorate eggs, with electric tape.  You can cut out shapes or use a scrapbook punch to punch out flowers or different things.  Dunk them and remove the tape and dunk again to add another color! Martha taught me how... mine didn't turn out quite as perfect as hers but they were still cute!

My dad made a Titleist egg... in honor of the Masters starting next week!


My mom and I and our cute egg creations!

Jake busted out the old crayon trick and the surprise message...
EASTER '10

Hope everyone had a Happy Easter!!!

And about the weather... I heard today that Alta has received 87 inches since April 1st!  Holy cow!  A whopping 36 inches alone from this storm system..... if only we were rich and I didn't have a bum knee we'd be calling in sick... cough cough.... to work and heading into the MOUNTAINS!!

But seeing how we are not rolling in the dough and my knee is still bothering me and I don't feel a cough coming on... we'll be faithfully working and watching the snow fall from inside our air conditioned office (a whole other story).

Can the warm weather get here already!?!?!  Spring, will you please please please come soon?  My flip flops are dying to make an appearance in Logan.

2 comments:

Dave and Alisha said...

Hey we would love to get together with you guys and talk cabo.... and oh I dont know maybe just catch up since we bailed and didnt even tell you guys! Im so sorry about that I really didnt know we did that but you know it was just kinda short notice we were then one week and the next we were gone. So let get together and catch up if you guys would like to let us know what works for you.

preston. shawnee. cohen. said...

I love dying eggs too :) Holidays are just so fun! And yes I agree, I too would love my flip-flops to make an appearance in logan as well!!!